MYPOST 1: If you were told you were going to die on Friday night and today was Monday, what would you do?


Life is short and time is never stop ticking… If I am told that I am going to die on Friday night and I still got four more days to live, I will spend the rest of the time to meet the people and form a to-do list to complete the things that I wish to do.  

On Monday, I will back to visit my hometown to find my family. I will spend the whole day with them. I will enjoy lunch and dinner prepared by my mother, because I seldom serve the foods prepared by my mother since I am working outside. Next, I will setup a tea time with my father at the coffee shop opposite of the factory after I helped him deliver all of the requested orders at different retailer's shops. Meanwhile, I will have a long conversation with him without any working issues, financial issues, and personal issues. I will bring my sister go to watch a movie. Before I start to go to another place, I will say thank you for their love and caring for these 20 years.


On Tuesday, I will go to find my schoolmates that we met since primary and secondary school. The schoolmates that I cannot meet I will have a simple conversation with them via smartphone as well. Actually, since leaving school, we have so long time did not meet each other. Some of them are married, have their own family, and travel abroad. At this day, I will go to find them and say thank you that make my childhood is great. If possible, I will walk around the school, enter the classroom, and the field to recall every moment during school life.

On Wednesday, I will visit my college. The college is a turning point in my life. Although the environment is poor previously, I learn and explore skills and knowledge at the college. I learn to write, calculate, present, lead, and build up my academic achievement at the college to enter university. Although that is a not good beginning, it brings many valuable lessons to improve myself.  Next, I will back to my university to meet up with my colleagues. I will order a cup of coffee at my university café because I will order it before starting to study during my university life and then I will hang out with my close colleagues at the area nearby.

On Thursday, I will complete the to-do list that I prepare on Monday. I will go to play basketball. Next, I will go to the dance studio and music studio to watch people perform their talents. Since I focus on my academics and career, I always hang out with people to travel somewhere or join outdoor activities rather than go to the studio because of different interests and hobbies. This day, I will go to this place to join the people that have the same interests as me. 

On Friday, this is my last day to live. Every seconds and minute go is very precious for me. I will go to a fashion shop to buy a proper outfit. Afterward, I will go to self-introduce myself to a friend that I wish to know since in secondary school. No matter what the result is, I will walk away after I have a short conversation with the person. After I have completed all of the tasks that I wish to do, I will leave a message to family and my friends. In the evening, I will bring a cup of coffee with cake and sit on the bench near the lakeside to enjoy the evening scenery until my eyes closed.



In this competitive world, I believe certain of us wish to do something but because of personal difficulty and limitation, we cannot start and do it at this moment. I want to learn a musical instrument but I need to work, I want to open a café but I don’t have money, I want to be a comedian but I am not as talented as other and so on. Instead of exploring new things, some of the people limit their ability and stay mediocrity. Life is short, start to prioritize the things you wish to do today, meet the person that you want, and learn to appreciate what you have done today, you will realize that, life is a journey and you are the owner in your life.

2 comments:

  1. Asking questions and even difficult ones, is very important. For us and also for others. It will help us to reflect our journey and realize if we are going a way or living a life that we really want.
    All the best with your dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Caffeinees Puchong