MY POST 8: If you could change anything about the past, what would it be & why?


Life is full of unknown and uncertainty things that will happen to us. In our life, certain of us will feel regret that hurt someone, take a wrong decision, miss an opportunity, forgive someone and express feeling to someone in the past. If taking the right action to face the problem, maybe today the matter will become different and better. Although the past is the past, when we encounter certain moments or scenarios, we will remember back the decision that we made and hope if we can back to the past, we can change it and make it become better today. Therefore, if I have the ability to change anything about the past, I won’t change anything about the past due to several reasons.

Firstly, things happen to you can refine you become wise and better. This is because if we take the wrong action to solve the problem in the past, it will become a lesson for us to take wise action in the present and future. I have taken wrong decisions in the past no matter in my career, academic, relationship, or others that make me feel guilty and regret. I ever hope that back to the past and change it so that today will become better. Nevertheless, I understand the point that there is no perfect in this world. Therefore, instead of staying in the past, I should take all the wrong decisions that I made as a lesson and learn to not repeat the same mistakes again. Today is the gift, we should take the time today to change and build up better future, feel grateful for the new people that we meet today, put in faith in our works, learn to explore new things which are helpful for us and learn to manage the time to do the right things today without any anxiety, regret, worry, and complain.

Secondly, life is a process. It contains happiness, sad, disappointment, worry, surprise, and so on. It won’t constant in certain state and will change without our control and expectation. It looks like four seasons, spring, autumn, winter and summer. When we are in hard time, we will become strong after going through the hard time. Meanwhile, because of the hard time, we will appreciate what we have today and keep working hard to achieve our success goal. Moreover, every state of life that happens to us can truly define us who we are. Simply to say, everyone has their own story, because of the story, it builds up our personality and uniqueness.

Lastly, staying in the past will miss the important moments of the present or future. Frankly, there is no difference between the wish to change the past and stay in the past. This is because we cannot change the past in fact. Even though we can change the past, we will miss a lot of moments in the present or future. For example, we can back to the past to change anything, we will miss an important opportunity in the present or future, even spend our whole lifetime to fix the wrong action that we take in the past.  Great living is not formed up by thinking about how to change the past, but it is formed up by how you utilize the time to live today. The past is the past, while present and future is our gift in our life. Learn to walk through the past, prepare yourself today, and face the uncertainty tomorrow.

In a nutshell, I won’t change anything in the past because the past mistakes and experiences are part of the process in my life. I feel lucky that the pain is temporary and grateful that I have friends and parents that keep supporting me in my life journey. If I really have the ability back to the past, I will advise myself in the past to be strong, happy, love and keep in faith in the future. This is because everything happens to you can make you become a better version of yourself to face the future.

3 comments:

  1. we are healthy, young and successful. But what will we do if we will lost a job, our fiance will break with us and we have to go back home with minimum money... And there our family is dealing with long term hard disease?
    Not happens too often but will you change anything or still not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martin, undeniably all of these issues will make us feel sad and even in desperation. But, we have to face all of them with courage and patient. To me, I won't change everything. I will comfort myself by finding a quiet place first and then I will face all of the problems with right attitude. If I lost a job, I will go to find another new job again and I believe there will be another better job will come to me if I never give up. If my fiancé leaving me, I will let the time neutralize everything and learn to use spare time to explore new things. The most important is, I believe the right one always will come in end. If I going back home with minimum money, I will finding solution to solve the problem such as finding new job instead of sitting behind to define the problem. Lastly, if my family dealing with long term health disease, I will put priority to my family and stick together with them rather than immerse myself in working. This is because I want to let my family feel peace, strong, and keep positive attitude to fight the disease. Lastly, I hope everyone stay happy and healthy always, be strong and have a faith in life by keep believing the best things is coming.

      Delete
  2. agree, smart approach!
    And thanks a lot for your insights

    ReplyDelete

Caffeinees Puchong