The Travel Intern in Taiwan



The Travel Intern in Taiwan 

Taiwan is one of the countries that I wish to travel since I was in secondary school because of their great music and drama culture. Thanks to my course mate, I have gained the opportunity to travel Taiwan for four months internship. The company that I joined as an industrial trainee is a logistics company which is located at Taoyuan. Owing to I am a fresh graduate and foreigner, the staff around the company are very sharing and caring about me while living in Taiwan.  Long story short, I very appreciate every moment in Taiwan no matter is in working or traveling around their city. 



Internship experiences 

My coursemate and I reach to Taoyuan airport at 9 February 2017, which is winter season around 9 degrees Celcius. Without hesitation, we bought a lot of hot stuff to warm ourselves and some daily goods for preparation or working. All of the signboard and roads are in Chinese or English Language, definitely different as compared to Malaysia. So, we require time to adapt the foods, climate, people and the environment in Taiwan.  In the company, I had been arranged to different warehouses to perform my works and gain experiences in logistics and supply chain management. Luckily, I am working with nice staff and manager, the four months internship is totally great without working pressure. Only the final report and presentation are the stuff that I stress about because I have to submit to the company and lecturer. Overall, I feel thankful that I have great working experiences at Taiwan and earn money to buy and travel within the country as well! 



My traveling in Taiwan 

Traveling around Taiwan is a great experience to me because of cleanliness, attractiveness, and people around there are nice. The foods in night market are tasty but if want to find 100% spicy food in Taiwan, that's definitely hard because most of the Taiwanese don't like to serve spicy food as compared to Malaysia. Every weekend or holidays, I will travel to different cities with my friends if don't have any works. Taichung, Taipei, and Tainan are the main cities that we travel to. 

Taoyuan 

The area that I stay in Taiwan is Shanlin Road. Every weekend, I will jog to the top of the mountain to look the view of the Taoyuan city. On the top of the mountain, most of the people will stay at cafes and temple. Meanwhile, most of the runners, bikers, and cyclists will gather at that place for a rest. 











Taipei 

1. Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall 
For me, most of the people will stroll the Memorial Hall via MRT transportation rather than taking bus or taxi. The view around here is nice and beautiful, most of the teenagers will come here for dance practice. Inside the hall, there will be guard mounting ceremony every hour. 







2. Taipei 101 
In Taipei 101 building, tourists will use Yoyo Card (easy card)to rent bicycle and cycling around the area nearby. This place also suitable for shopping as well. 








3. Ximending 
In Ximending, you can eat a lot of street food and buy souvenirs, clothes and cosmetics products. Ay Chung Rice Noodles is one of the famous foods in Ximending. Meanwhile, you can watch street performers and artists perform around the area. I like to stroll around the area because there are many street performances to watch.  














4. Tamsui Old Street 









5. Da'an Forest Park 








6. Shengkeng Old Street 





6. Keelung Miaokou Night Market





New Taipei City 

Jiufen Old Street







Taichung 

1. Taichung Anime Painting Lane 









2. Miyahara




3. Tunghai University 








4. National Taichung Theater 





5. Qiu Hong Gu Park 






Tainan 
Chimei Museum 










For people would like to travel Taiwan, here are the things that need to take note: 
1. Study the destination that you would like to travel (Visit blog or youtube videos is suggested) 
2. Study the climate before you travel the destination
3. Purchase Yoyocard and Simcard 
4. Download the public transportation apps


Taiwan foods and drinks 


In Taiwan, milk tea and coffee are the favorite drinks that I like to serve after working for refreshment. Chun Cui He drinks, 85 Degree Coffee, Bernachon Coffee, and Qing Xin Fu Xuan milk tea are the favorite type of drinks to me and strongly recommended to my friends to serve it as well. On the other hand, about food, because I don't like to eat internal organ of animals, so I only serve desserts and seafood while traveling to different areas. Anyway, Taiwan night market always is the main target for tourists to eat street foods and always the crowd of people. Therefore, while traveling to Taiwan,  night markets are the most people visit because of transportation facilities and the products price around there are cheap and reasonable. 











Artists and Street Performers 
In Taiwan, it is normal that you can watch artists or street performers perform on the stage. I feel glad that I met famous boy bands and street performers in Taipei area. For me, become a great performer is not an easy task, because they need to attract audiences to watch your performance for several minutes or hours. Therefore, respect their performance is a must by paying attention while they are performing. 

1. The last day of Summer Boy Band (八三夭)



2. Mayday Boy Band



3. Street Performers






Friends
To all of my friends in Taiwan and Malaysia, thanks for always helping in career and academic achievement. To me, Taiwanese are very caring about students or workers from foreign countries. They are very friendly, helpful and willing to share about their culture to us. I very appreciate about all of your caring and concern about my living. I wish everyone will succeed in their own careers and hard work will pay off as well! Good luck guys! 




My thoughts
For me, traveling is great experiences for people to gain new inspiration and ideas about their own life. Therefore, traveling to another country doesn't have any cons to me and bring refreshment to me instead. While working in Taiwan for four months, I realize that every people have their own setback in their careers. It totally depends on us to define the problems and find the solution to solve the problems.  Sometimes, paying too much concentration in works can run out off balance in life due to high job stress and workload from the company. Open minded and flexible in life changing sometimes will be the solution for us to face our own problems. Nobody is perfect in this world. Time can prove everything, so keep moving forward can lead to success in our life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caffeinees Puchong